As the world looks ahead at what’s to come in the new year, ASU’s College of Global Futures Executive and Professional Education team shares an outlook on our 2022 program forecast. We invite you to explore these upcoming sustainability education offerings and join us if they seem like a good fit for you.
The College of Global Futures is a global leader and innovator in executive and professional education, leveraging more than 500 world-renowned scientists, scholars and practitioners, working across disciplines to create unique learning experiences and programs.
Professional training courses delivered by ASU’s College of Global Futures are designed specifically for managers, project and team leaders, and those looking to advance in their role. Certificates can help you gain expertise to overcome challenges in your current role, or upskill you as you explore career opportunities.
GRI Standards Certified Training Course re-launching with Universal Standards updates
Take your organization’s sustainability reporting to the next level with the GRI Standards, the first and most widely adopted global standards for sustainability reporting.
Using a combination of video lessons, interviews, case studies and readings, this course covers:
- How sustainability reporting promotes organizational change.
- The GRI organization and how it relates to other standards and frameworks.
- Key terms, features and structure of the GRI Standards.
- How to engage stakeholders inside and outside your organization.
- Material topics, impacts, boundaries and targets for reporting.
- How to prepare and communicate about your sustainability report.
In fall 2021, GRI released the updated Universal Standards, which is currently being incorporated into our 100% online course. Our course is still “current” in the eyes of GRI. You could start now if you want and learn the current Standards set up and then come back to learn about the changes once our new course is launched. Visit the Professional Certificates page for more information.
Climate Conscious Leadership Professional Certificate Program launching first cohort this spring
Climate Conscious Leadership is brand new online certificate seminar that combines the power of an award-winning author on leadership with faculty from the ASU College of Global Futures and the pioneering first-in-the-nation ASU School of Sustainability.
This new online program is designed for mid-career professionals who want to take action on the climate crisis — in their professional and personal lives — but don’t know how. The program will focus on how to effectively become a leader on climate issues within your professional context, to be more strategic and conscious within your organization, and to understand how the broader global context translates into practice. Climate conscious strategies are smart business. This course will provide participants with tangible, applied tools that can be used in their workplace and personal lives.
The inaugural cohort will begin in May 2022; registration is now open. Visit the Climate Conscious Leadership website for more information.
The Sustainability Opportunity returns with our fourth cohort this fall
The Sustainability Opportunity is an intensive online certificate program that combines the power of the consistently top ranked W. P. Carey School of Business with the pioneering first-in-the-nation School of Sustainability.
This dynamic online program is designed for mid-career professionals who want to build a sustainability network and create a decided advantage in the marketplace by reorienting their professional and organizational abilities toward sustainability and resiliency, with a focus on leveraging the opportunities presented by both. The program will focus on how to effectively communicate about sustainability initiatives, build a strong business case, be more strategic, and understand how the broader global context translates to organizational practice.
Our next program will begin in August 2022; registration will open in May. Visit the Sustainability Opportunity website for more information.
Sustainable Earth continues to publish online courses for business professionals
Sustainable Earth is a unique web portal that is a partnership between the Wells Fargo Foundation and Arizona State University. In addition to other sustainability resources, the portal features a number of short, 45-minute micro-courses to help your business become more sustainable. It doesn’t matter if you run a small business or work for a large organization, there are online programs that can help you do business more sustainably. These courses are available 100% online!
In addition to our 8 courses already available, we will be launching the following courses in 2022:
- Fundamentals of ESG Reporting (just launched!)
- Fundamentals of GHG Management (coming soon!)
- Intermediate GHG Management (coming soon!)
- Fundamentals of Water Conservation & Efficiency (coming soon!)
- Intermediate Water Conservation & Efficiency (coming soon!)
Visit the Sustainable Business page to access new courses when they are released.
Custom sustainability education programs
Whether you need to educate a small core of executives in a one-day or multi-day retreat, reach across the globe to connect a group of company leaders in a hybrid program, or train hundreds of employees through an online course, ASU’s College of Global Futures can deliver a custom or semi-custom program.
Our experience includes working with name-brand corporations, governments at all levels, both large and small non-governmental organizations, foundations, and other universities throughout the world. We can develop and deliver custom executive education programs that advance your organizational goals.
- Programs can range from 45-minute pre-recorded online lessons to multi-day or multi-week live instruction on specific issues.
- In-person training can be delivered at your location, on any ASU campus, including five campuses in Arizona and in Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
- Online training can be delivered through ASU’s online learning platform or your organization’s own technology.
- Each program is built with expert instructional design and assessment on the front end, and meaningful in-depth evaluation after it has concluded, so you can measure learning advancements in your organization.
- The most successful programs often combine faculty from ASU with leaders from your organization and outside practitioners and subject matter experts.
Visit the Custom Programs page for more information.