Overcoming social distance limitations, we successfully convened our grantees this summer. The first convening, on June 17th, focused on the progress of HUE’s first cohort: the 2019 grantees. In a virtual meeting the 2019 cohort presented their projects to 26 participants. Presentations were followed by a vivid discussion including questions from the 2020 cohort as well as from the HUE team.
- The Right Shade in the Right Place: Thermal assessment of natural and engineered shade in Tempe
- Quantifying Dust Control by a Novel Enzymatic Treatment
- Photocatalysts on solar panels for NOx control
- HeatReady Standards
- Neighborhood-scale comparison of heat mitigation strategies in Phoenix
- Paideia Elementary School Playspace Re-naturalization: A Pilot Project in South Phoenix to Enhance Children’s Environment, Health, and Well-being