The Second International Conference on Climate Change is taking place April 1–3, 2020. This conference aims to share experiences on vulnerability issues; adaptation strategies in the fields of agriculture, livestock, forestry, water resources and fishing; and mitigation issues. More specifically, the conference is a way to:
1. Take stock of the achievements and needs in terms of research and extension in the field of climate and its impacts on the agricultural sector;
2. Create a framework for exchanges between the various actors in the field of climate and its impacts.
The expected results of the conference are as follows:
1. The achievements in terms of appropriate technologies, techniques and practices for adaptation to climate change are listed;
2. Research and extension needs on vulnerability, adaptation and resilience are identified;
3. Scientific guidelines are provided to initiatives, projects and programs relating to climate change in the sub-region for the benefit of the populations;
4. The regional scientific and technical coordination role of the AGRHYMET Regional Center in the field of climate and its impacts is reinforced;
5. A regional consultation framework on climate change and its impacts is set up.
Abstract submission: November 30, 2019
Abstract acceptance: January 15, 2020
Full document submission: February 28, 2020
Registration: February 28, 2020