The Second International Conference on Climate Change is taking place April 1–3, 2020. This conference aims to share experiences on vulnerability issues; adaptation strategies in the fields of agriculture, livestock, forestry, water resources and fishing; and mitigation issues. More specifically, the conference is a way to:
1. Take stock of the achievements and needs in terms of research and extension in the field of climate and its impacts on the agricultural sector;
2. Create a framework for exchanges between the various actors in the field of climate and its impacts.
The expected results of the conference are as follows:
1. The achievements in terms of appropriate technologies, techniques and practices for adaptation to climate change are listed;
2. Research and extension needs on vulnerability, adaptation and resilience are identified;
3. Scientific guidelines are provided to initiatives, projects and programs relating to climate change in the sub-region for the benefit of the populations;
4. The regional scientific and technical coordination role of the AGRHYMET Regional Center in the field of climate and its impacts is reinforced;
5. A regional consultation framework on climate change and its impacts is set up.
Authors are invited to send abstracts (in French or English) not exceeding 300 words. Abstracts can be submitted by email to [email protected] or [email protected]
View more information about the conference.
Abstract submission: November 30, 2019
Abstract acceptance: January 15, 2020
Full document submission: February 28, 2020
Registration: February 28, 2020